Sunday, April 5, 2009

Been awhile...

Wow, I knew it had been awhile since I logged in and updated my blog, but I didn't think it had been that long!
Jason and I are still together and having a great time being in love, traveling together, and just enjoying each other's company.
Since no one really reads this and I am not really single anymore I think this needs to evolve. I think this will serve well as my diary of sorts.

Tonight, I was watching the Academy of Country Music Awards and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love country music and I was more than pleased with almost all the performances. I have a couple of notes though:

1. Jamey Johnson - I don't think he's a very good singer, but apparently he has his audience because he was performing tonight and being compared to some bigtime country music stars.

2. George Strait - should have won something. He put out a great CD with some great music.

3. Trace Adkins - seems like a true cowboy. He performed this song dedicated to the troops and had a Marine in a wheelchair with no legs introduce him. Man, did I cry my eyes out. It made me think of my grandfather, my father, my brother, my cousins and all the brave men and women who serve this country and have kept it safe and allowed so many freedoms for all of us fortunate enough to call ourselves Americans. That, and I'm about to start my period and I'm a little emotional around this time of the month. Hehe ;)

I think that's about all I have for this evening, I'm going to watch the rest of the awards and get to bed. I can't believe the weekend is already over. They seem to go so fast!

No comments: